Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dear Cooper,

Today you are two years old. Two seems so old, but you are very much still the baby of the family. By this age, both Caden and Carinna were big siblings and that may be why you still seem much younger than two.

So many things have happened and changed for you this year. You started attending Mother's Day Out at the same school your siblings have attended. I was so worried that you would be that kid. You know, the one that cries the whole time their parents are away. But you adjusted really well and are in L.O.V.E. with Mrs. Connie, your teacher.

You love to look at books. It's really something that all of you kids have enjoyed and I can't tell you how happy that makes me! I find you in your rocking chair surrounded by books very often. You call it "rocka book."
You love hair. Still. We assume it is because you have none. Still. You rub your sticky little hands in our hair every chance you get! Any time my head is within your reach you rub your little fingers over and over it. If it's pulled up you pull it down so that you can play with it. Hopefully your future wife and daughters will love to have their hair played with! Maybe we'll start praying for that now!


You are crazy about monster trucks! I don't know when it happened, but one day you started carrying around two monster trucks that belonged to Caden and you have been hooked since. I don't know what kind of redneck mess we have started, but this should be interesting. Every time we are in the car you beg to see monster trucks. Now, I don't know if you have noticed...but we don't pass a lot of monster trucks on the roads in this town. It can be a little frustrating for both of us! But you also love buses and helicopters, too! Those I can usually find while driving around town!

A few months ago you started talking and you haven't stopped. It was like someone flipped a switch and all your words suddenly came pouring out! It was crazy, but fun! We have the best time engaging you in conversation!


You love to sing. During most diaper changes we sing the lovely "I See Your Hiney" song. I am embarrassed to even say that out loud. It is your most favorite, followed by "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". I love to hear you off in another room singing at the top of your lungs. It always makes me smile.

You love to snuggle. Every morning you climb into my lap with your breakfast and hang out there until your breakfast (and mine) are gone. (Then I go make myself my real breakfast and hide in the kitchen to eat it.) Every evening you climb all over dad and eat your bedtime snack with him while watching some tv. If you can be touching someone, whether they want it or not, then you are happy! You often want to be held and almost always lay your head on our shoulders. We love it!

You are a chunk. Still. It will all melt away some day soon, but I love nothing more than to watch your fat little legs run around all day. I also like to squeeze them!



You are incredibly funny. I mean, really. Sometimes I have to get on to you then quickly turn away because I know I'm going to start laughing. You sometimes use your charms for evil and try to manipulate the situation! Your timing is always right on and you make us crack up all the time. Your faces are the funniest thing. We never know what face you will make! Your brother thinks you are hilarious, too. One of my favorite things is to watch you crack him up! And vice versa.




You are BUSY! I mean...whoa. You are constantly in things, on things, under things, destroying things, climbing things, breaking things and knocking down things. And when you are not doing that then you are coloring on things (like walls, tables, the front door). None of the other kids ever realized the joy in coloring on walls and furniture. I thought I made it past the need for Magic Erasers...until you.


 First plane trip.

You are tough! I guess you have to be since you fall about 50 times a day! (See previous paragraph)


You love to eat...and drink. Any time I go into the kitchen to start a meal you immediately run to your chair and sit down and begin demanding to be fed right.then. You tell me how hungry you are about every 5 seconds until I bring you food. Often times I have to turn to Goldfish to pacify you for another five minutes.

Goldfish. What would we do without Goldfish?
 And suckers.
 Riding on Dad's shoulders at Silo Christmas Tree Farm.
 Not loving the hayride.

You hide when you've done something naughty. If I see you hiding behind the curtains I know that there is a path of destruction awaiting discovery. It usually involves markers, but may also include stealing my phone, hitting a sibling, pulling all the books off the shelf or stealing a toy. It's still hard to get mad when I see your little face peaking around the curtain, though!

You and Carinna are the same height and you outweigh her by a few pounds. We stopped calling you the little brother a while ago. I feel confident that from now on we will have to be sure to refer to you as the "younger" brother and not the "little" brother!

You are a copy cat. I suppose this is expected since you are the baby and want to be doing everything that everyone else is doing. We laugh about it most of the time. But there are times when it doesn't make us laugh at all...like when you want to jump from somewhere high because you saw Caden do it. Or the time I caught you precariously perched and hanging above the the stairs to the bunk beds. Those are the times I scream and run to you like a maniac.

We love you so much! You are a joy to our family in so many ways! I think you will always be the jokester; the one cracking jokes and lightening the mood. And you hold the very important role of the baby of our family. You will forever be protected by your big brother and bossed around by your big sister. Best of luck with that!


There are so many things I look forward to as we watch you grow into the man you will become, but this year my wish for you is this:
~May you always be rough and tumble but not afraid to show your compassionate and loving side.
~May you always make those around you smile and laugh.
~May you always have the ability to break the tension and ease moods.
~May you always love to read and learn and grow.
~May you always be busy and channel that into being a productive member of this family and of society.
~May you do what you love, follow your heart and fight for what is right in a world that is so very wrong.
~May you love God with all of your heart and grow in Him daily.

I love you so much...more than you could ever know! Happiest of birthdays my sweet baby boy!

Love,
Mom

No comments: